Business

Hongseong can solve your lightweight requirements in various business sectors!

Ulchimundok Frigate, Korea
최고관리자 2023-01-06
  Project Ulchimundok FFG   Operation Korean sea
  Application CIC rooms   Year of Completion  2021
  Shipyard DSME  hull no 7322   Material DeckDyne  HH-200 

Ulchimundok KDX-I (DDH-972) 

Ulchimundok ship is a Korean Destroyer Experimental (KDX), a destroyer belonging to the Republic of Korea Navy.  The full load of ship is about 3,200 tons. The Korean destroyer performance improvement project(KDX-I) is to replace the old combat system and sensors of three Korean destroyer.  Ulchimundok was the third project of the KDX-I destroyer series.

Compared to general shipbuilding project, the performance improvement project require higher level of technical skills, so it must have a high understanding of the destroyer.   It also improved subamarine response capability and the Towed Array Sonar System (TASS) has been replaced with the latest model to improve underwater target detection and tracking performance.

Hongseong Industrial Hivetecks Honeycomb panel was installed in Ulchimundok destroyer as a false deck floor.   Since it was a turnkey project,  work scope was to design sub-frame, fabricate, assemble and honeycomb panel to flooring construction.  

Honeycomb panels are quite lighter than other flooring materials and are suitable for marine access floor, as they meet the characteristics of lightweightness and anti-static features.  

b9466135c57b395606f1ffa58a0f1fc0_1675408441_4564.jpg